Send me an email if you are interested in contract work or consultation.
This is me!
I'm a professional web developer and designer. I am also a practicing philosopher and illustrator.
CodeSource is a reference guide to developing a single page application by level of difficulty. Work in progress.
Boilerplate is meant to be a quickstart template to web development.
I keep experiments and interview solutions in my jsfiddle account. The link is one example
I'm building an open source RESTful API for ERC20 tokens and Ethereum. Smart Contract via Truffle and Open Zeppelin.
Web Development skills
HTML5/CSS3/ES5 – Ability to design, code and update responsive websites.
PSD to fully coded Website & Email
PHP – proficient in php development using Symfony framework and Wordpress
Python - basic familiarity and working knowledge of Django Framework
C++ - basic proficiency building and compiling programs and working with the Qt framework
Client – React, Angular, Webpack
Server – NodeJS/Express, Apache, Nginx, Websockets, Webhooks
Web App Development – MVC/MVVM/MV*, Restful API, GraphQL
Operating Systems (OS) – OSX, Linux(Ubuntu), Windows 10, Virtual Machines, Docker
Stacks – working knowledge of XAMPP/MAMP/WAMP/LEMP(Nginx), MEAN, MERN
Databases – working knowledge of mySQL, Postgress, MongoDB
Hosting – FTP, SFTP, SSH, SCP, Shared & Virtual Server Cloud (VPS) hosting management and performing server setup and backups
WordPress Development – child theme updates, full theme build, SEO, plugin & theme development, Wordpress API, Woocommerce
Marketing - SEO, Open graph, Email marketing (MailChimp)
DevOps – knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Cyber Security, Deployments
HTML: PugJS, Haml, SlimJS, HandlebarsJS
CSS: Sass/Scss, Less, Stylus
JS module loaders: RequireJS (AMD), Browserify, Webpack
Editors: Atom, Brackets, Visual Studio, Vim/Vi, Nano
Task Runners/Build/Automations: Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, NPM scripts
Cross-browser: Html5Shiv, Modernizr, Normalize.css
Package Managers: NPM, Bower, Bundler (Ruby), Pip (Python)
Frameworks: Bootstrap, Foundation, Mangree (custom: https://github.com/ar-to/mangree), Django, Sinatra, Express, FeathersJS, Qt
Command Line Interface (CLI): Bash (UNIX Shell), Command Prompt(Windows)
Version Control: Git
Chat: Slack, Hipchat
Graphic Editors: Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD)
Responsive web design
Web design / UI / UX
GitHub Account (https://github.com/ar-to)
Cloud Services: Linode, AWS
Computer Science: Algorithms, Data Structures
Blockchain: Bitcoin and Ethereum (ERC20 Token, Smart Contract) and Stellar development
Web Design skills
Proficient with Adobe suite, particularly Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Muse.
Web Design Process – Wireframe creation, PSD website design, Adobe XD prototyping, Web banners, simple gif animations.
Graphic Design skills
Identity design, stationary – comfortable using templates, grids or creating new designs (e.g. logos, brochures, etc.).
Traditional and digital media, comfortable with portraits, concept sketches and digital painting. Familiar with technical drawing, perspective and basic industrial design techniques using markers and pens.
June 2018 – Present – Full Stack Developer at Smorgborg (Start Up)
• Part of a small team of developers responsible for building a web application for organizations using React, Redux, Redux-Sagas, and GraphQL.
October 2017 – Present – Full Stack Developer at Threebx (Start Up)
• Part of a small team of developers responsible for building and maintaining web, mobile, desktop applications and RESTful APIs using php, nodejs, c++, MERN (with FeatherJS) stack, Docker, AWS. Also worked in DevOps, Architecture, and on various blockchain networks.
February 2017 – November 2017 – Front End Web Developer at Apartments247.com
• Built and Modified websites using a proprietary CMS with Django & Less.
October 2016- Present – Founder & Owner of EhSpook
• EhSpook is a software development company. Worked with various clients and projects across a broad range of stacks and services related to web development. Services included Wordpress, Web App Development, consulting, design and illustration, building and maintaining large web applications.
October 2010- October 2016 - Logistician at U.S. Air Force
• Performed responsibilities as a logician and manager within the supply chain of small and large teams.
June 2007- June2010 - Freelance Design work
• Worked on various independent projects while in college. Gained experience working for a variety of clients with different needs and expectations.
June 2005-May 2008 - Carpenter
• Developed hand-eye coordination, endurance, and team-work.
Bachelors in Philosophy, expected completion Fall 2018 – University of Maryland University College
Associates in Logistics, 2016 – Air University, Community College of the Air Force
Associates in Communication Design, 2010 – Northern Virginia Community College
Associates in Interactive Design,2010 - Northern Virginia Community College
Advance Leadership and Management Development Course, 2015 – via U.S. Air Force